This project was a complete renovation that involved combining the north and south penthouses of the residential building. The project scope included complete demolition, new interior framing and windows, new plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems, extensive custom millwork and decorative finishes, and a new greenhouse. Green Building Features:
- Extensive deconstruction and reuse of radiators, kitchen appliances, and cabinetry, doors and hardware, plumbing fixtures and appliances, and bamboo flooring.
- Soy based expanding foam insulation.
- Radiant floor system for high efficiency heating and cooling.
- Improved air quality with low and non-toxic VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints, adhesives and finishes.
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified Wood Products
- Energy Star certified appliances
- Energy efficient lighting
- High efficiency water fixtures and flow restrictors to help control and conserve usage