This project was a gut renovation of an apartment in NYC. The client requested all natural materials and methods during renovation and worked alongside Greenstreet through construction to ensure that the home reflect the architect’s peaceful aesthetic. Green features:
- Improved air quality with low and non-toxic VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints, adhesives and finishes.
- Natural quartzite countertops and slate floors in kitchen.
- Bamboo Flooring throughout
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified Wood Products and custom cabinetry
- Radiant floor heating in Master Bedroom
- Locally sourced materials that reduce transportation energy costs
- Energy efficient lighting
- High efficiency water fixtures and flow restrictors to help control and conserve usage