This project was the first green townhouse project in NYC. The project involved extensive work on a brownstone in a Landmark district with asbestos abatement in the basement, lead paint abatement from the exterior brickwork, interior demolition,interior structural work and complete renovation of the interior.
Green Building Features:
- Improved air quality with low and non-toxic VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints, adhesives and finishes.
- Geothermal wall system installed with radiant floor system for high efficiency heating and cooling.
- Construction of the deck with Pau Lope sustainable harvested wood.
- Energy Star certified appliances
- Energy efficient lighting
- High efficiency water fixtures and flow restrictors to help control and conserve usage