Green Canteen is a green restaurant renovation of an existing 3,000 sf space. Completed in the summer of 2009, it was the first LEED Silver certified restaurant in NY state.
Green Building Features:
- Improved air quality with low and non-toxic VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints, adhesives and finishes.
- Reuse of existing wood structures for tables and benches.
- Low flow faucets and dual-flush toilets
- LED light fixtures
- Solar thermal hot water system
- Backyard compositing system
- High albedo concrete sidewalk to reflect solar heat and reduce urban heat island effect.