This project involved the complete architectural design and construction of a townhouse in Harlem with numerous green building features. This project was filmed by Dwell Magazine for their website as an exemplary example of sustainable design.
Green Building Features:
- Radiant floor systems for high efficiency heating and cooling.
- A green roof to reduce energy costs with natural insulation and to absorb storm water.
- Improved air quality with low and non-toxic VOC paints, adhesives, and finishes.
- Energy Star certified appliances.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Bamboo floors
- High efficiency water fixtures and flow restrictors to help control and conserve usage.